We are currently seeking a Director of Technical Services!
The Director of Technical Services is responsible for managing the upkeep of communities in assigned region and portfolio, where designated, including preventative maintenance, safety, and capital improvement projects undertaken by AMC clients.
- Maintain oversight of capital projects within assigned region, which includes but is not limited to drafting of work, conducting bidding process, communicating and arranging appropriate scheduling with contractors, and overseeing inspections and sign-offs.
- Conduct regular site visits of portfolio properties, including but not limited to property walks, make-ready audits, preventative maintenance audits, safety inspections, and property support.
- Audit all site logbooks on a regular basis to make sure they are being utilized correctly. Pools, HVAC, Gas, and Light logs should all be included in the audit.
- Review the fire suppression systems during regular site visits for trouble codes or issues with the building’s communication with the panels.
- Participate in weekly construction conference calls with clients and vendors.
- Research and expand the existing pool of approved contractors and third-party service providers.
- Monitor the physical condition of properties and oversee the day-to-day field operations to ensure effective communication and coordination with team members.
- Support the new acquisition process, which includes conducting due diligence physical assessment and walk sheet audits.
- Implement and enforce preventative maintenance and safety program policies and procedures, and ensure that best work practices are being completed in all communities. Assist in OSHA reporting and compliance.
- Communicate daily with Regional Property Managers, Vice Presidents, clients, and site teams on various topics and projects, and complete follow-up reporting on communications.
- Attend client visits, take detailed notes, discuss current and future capital expenditure items, and review current and prospective budgets.
- Draft, review, and edit capital expenditure and service contracts for each site.
- Conduct training classes for larger groups, as well as engage in one-on-one mentoring as needed.
- Assist with renovation scope and implementation of scope to ensure consistency of product.
- Follow up on permitting and other municipality requirements where needed.
- Oversee maintenance at their home base property as well as other regionally specified properties
- HVAC certification
- CPO certification
- 2+ years of experience in a handyman, maintenance, or construction management role
- Leadership experience
- Familiarity in drafting and understanding blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with internal and external contacts
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and an ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
Apartment Management Consultants (AMC) is a leader in the property management industry. Our passion for helping people, creating authentic relationships, and common values has established a working environment that undeniably stands out. Every day our associates have the opportunity to collaborate together in a thriving culture with a determined attitude that inspires and rewards original ideas. AMC provides significant career advancement opportunities, competitive compensation, benefits, and incentive programs.
Compensation: $90,000 per year DOE
- Paid Training
- Medical Insurance
- Health and Wellness
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Bonus and Commission Opportunities
- Employee Rent Discount Program
- Professional Development Program
If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity, AMC is the employer for you!
Application Link: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/778393?appsource=ccp
AMC, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
About Trotters Park
Welcome home to Trotters Park, where convenience and comfort maximize your lifestyle. Our apartments in Columbus, OH, have everything you need to step into a life of ease in a place that instantly feels like home. With close access to a variety of restaurants, shops, parks, and entertainment, you can step into the local lifestyle right outside your door. Here, the perfect combination of nature and contemporary city life is yours. Spend afternoons and weekends exploring Goodale Park, Italian Village, the Scioto River, or all Columbus has to offer. Grab a bite or your favorite brew at Roaming Goat Coffee, The Pearl, or Hoof Hearted Brewery and Kitchen, and fall in love with our friendly community. Come home to Trotters Park and come home to better living. Schedule a tour today!
Maintenance Assistant Manager
Regional Property Manager
Director of Technical Services